The Benefits of Marketing Automation for Publishers
Marketing drives every business all across the world. Publishers and publishing service providers want to improve their standing in the market and essentially reach a wider audience. Technology has improved across the board leading to automation in every industry. Automation has made business processes easier, cheaper and efficient. The same applies to the publishing sphere.
So, here’s the question. What exactly is marketing automation?
The marketing automation system is an innovative platform that streamlines, automates, and measures marketing tasks and workflows. This allows businesses to be more competitive in the market, increase operational efficiency and cut costs across the board. All of this leads to increased revenue by focusing on the things that are working in the market.
Here’s the general areas where marketing automation helps businesses:-
- Email Marketing
- Personalized Landing Pages
- Cross-channel marketing
- Lead Generation
- Measuring ROI
- Website Optimization
On the same note, here are some important statistics about marketing automation.
- Marketers are 70% more likely to use a marketing automation platform, with 90% of top-performing firms using this technology
- Businesses get a 20% advantage in capturing insight from prospects and customers
- 92% of businesses agree that marketing automation is “very significant” to the overall success of their business
- 50% of successful businesses find that marketing automation is cost-efficient and worth the price
- 40% of businesses use marketing automation for lead generation purposes
So how can publishers benefit from applying marketing automation to their operational processes?
- Targeted Marketing – Like any other business, publishers and other content providers want to reach the largest audience possible. The one way to do that is identifying the key data that is essential to target the most readers in the market. Most marketing automation systems allow publishers to keep track of their advertising campaign. It essentially provides on what’s working and what’s not. It keeps track of the budget, individual activities as well as real-time performance. All of these insights will prove valuable going forward.
- Bridging the Gap – The marketing automation platform for publishers allows them to bridge the gap between them and readers. It’s essential to creating a personal relationship with the client. For instance, some publishers are using an in-book marketing tool that provides dynamic book recommendations to the reader. For instance, while the user is reading the book, title-links occur in between with links to the recommended titles. This dynamic form of marketing can even provide book previews of those titles on optimized landing pages.
- Building a Database – Another added advantage is that with each person who buys your asset or book title, it allows you to build a competitive reader database. With all the content marketing tools at your disposal, it’s not an impossible feat to pull off. Moreover, you’ll get an idea of various authors the readers are interested in, their age and demographics as well as which market segment they fall in.
- Cost–Efficient Process – Perhaps, the biggest plus point that it also serves as a workflow automation tool. Essentially, what that means, is that it takes all of your sales, marketing and distribution activities on one platform. It’s simplifying operational processes across the board. It can keep track of daily trends and sales, real-time performance monitory, create automatic landing pages whilst making the operation more market oriented than ever before.
Marketing Automation has become an essential part of every business. More publishers should embrace this technology to stay ahead of the curve. By doing so, their content will reach a wider audience than anyone thought possible.